Thursday, September 15, 2011

Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes

From Everyday Food Magazine

2 sweet potatoes cut into bite size chunks (the recipe says to peel it, but I leave the good-for-you skins on)
1 medium red onion, quartered
2 TBSP olive oil
salt and pepper
10 oz. green beans fresh or thawed if frozen
1/3 cup walnuts
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 TBSP white-wine vinegar (I used balsamic and thought it was great)
1 garlic clove crushed
1 head red leaf lettuce, torn into bite size pieces

1. Preheat oven to 450. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss together sweet potatoes, onion, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Toast until sweet potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.

2. Add green beans and walnuts to sheet; toss. Toast until green beans are tender, about 5 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, vinegar, and garlic; season dressing with salt and pepper. Top lettuce with roasted vegetable mixture; drizzle with dressing.

**I prefer to just steam my green beans while the potatoes and onion are roasting. And I throw my walnuts in the toaster oven to toast them. I don't like roasted green beans, I feel they dry out too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment